Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Dance-hall License

Q: Do I need permission to have a weekly karaoke event at my bar?

A: Yes. According to Section 2 of the Theatres and Dance Halls Act 1934, as amended, a “dance hall” means any building, tent or other erection open to the public gratuitously or otherwise, where public dancing or singing takes place.

S. 3(1) - After the commencement of this Act a place within a specified area shall not be used as a theatre or dance hall without a licence.

A license is acquired through an application to the Magistrate's court in the district of the venue, and is granted for 12 months at a time. 


Unknown said...

if for instance the license is applicable to a resort, can the resort be covered by the license if they decide to hold a fete in a large open air area within the compound of the said resort?

Maharaj said...

Hi can a deed of comfort be changed to children's name after parents have died and left it to them in a will. If so what is the procedure. Thanks in advance