A: In 2012, W.A.S.A. set up a Claims Management Unit (C.M.U.) to deal with these situations. Under the C.M.U., a Public Liability Claims (P.L.C.) department was established to receive and investigate damages to vehicles or property and personal injury as a result of W.A.S.A.'s negligence.
Here is the claims process:
- A letter must be sent to the Legal Services Department, Farm Rd. St. Joseph, Trinidad.
- The letter must include: date, time, location, extent of damage (pictures), estimates, details of incident.
- It's then sent to P.L.C. for processing and forwarding to Investigators
- Investigators go out to determine the validity of the claim
- The time frame for the report from the Investigators should take 10 days, but...
- When P.L.C. receives report, it should be processed within 5 days and sent back to the Legal Department to determine whether or not W.A.S.A. will accept liability and pay the claim.